See why we train to do what we do?
The Reserve Defence Force roles are those assigned to the Defence Forces:
- Defence against armed aggression
- Aid to the Civil Power
- Participation in Peace Support Operations
- Fishery Protection
- Other duties which may be assigned by Government.
Tasks are assigned to the RDF to support the PDF in fulfilling these roles. These include:
- Augmentation/reinforcement of the PDF
- Provision of logistic support
- Provision of armed escorts
- Augmentation of Naval Service on fishery protection patrols
- Staffing of Military Posts during periods of PDF deployment
- Radiological Monitoring
- Ceremonial Duties at national and local events.